The Wilmette Metra station commuter lots will be replaced with pay-by-space stations beginning July 28. According to the release:
Beginning Monday, July 28th, all parking meters servicing the Wilmette Metra station commuter lots will be permanently replaced with pay-by-space stations to provide commuters with a more enhanced commuter experience. All spaces will be numbered and converted into daily fee spaces. Commuters will use one of three pay-by-space stations to be installed at the Metra station, located on the north side of the building.
During the first week that machines are active, Village staff will be on hand to assist commuters with operating the new payment machines.
Important things to know:
- Village-issued parking debit cards will no longer be accepted as a form of payment beginning July 28th
- Please do not reload your debit card with more credit than you can use before Monday, July 28th. Commuters are encouraged to use quarters as an alternative payment method
- The new pay-by-space machines will accept cash (no change given), credit and debit cards (bank issued) or pay-by-phone/app feature (app includes $0.25 service fee per transaction) as forms of payment
- Pay-by-space stations (3 each) will be located on the north side of the Metra station
- Once you pay for your parking spot, you do not have to return to your car to place a receipt on your dashboard – your payment is specific to your numbered parking spot
- The rate for daily parking remains unchanged at $2.00 for weekdays and no fee on weekends
- After July 25th, commuters can redeem any remaining balances on Village-issued cards at the Village Hall, First Floor, Finance Counter
If you have any questions, please contact Public Works at847-853-7500 or email email@example.com.If you would like to pay using the smartphone app, click on the following download links:
This news was submitted by a member of the community. Submit your news, photos and events here.